Pleasant surprises of this week and / or 2018 model year Volvo browns, in order:
10. Luminous Sand Metallic
9. Ian’s (Madison, WI. pizza place) has a “Chicago Hot Dog” pizza.
8. The Dalai Lama is on Twitter.
7. The Quad City Times published a sentence including my name that was neither negative nor inaccurate. The article was negative and had a glaring inaccuracy, but the sentence with my name in it was fine. Progress.
6. (tie) Twilight Bronze Metallic / Popping the “Live and Sleazy” Village People 8-track I bought at Ragged Records in Davenport for $1 into the office stereo, I find the tape is actually a bootleg J. Geils Band concert. Cool.
5. Lydia Night’s (Regrettes frontwoman) first concert? Her dad took her to a Donnas concert when she was five. That … would do it.
4. Chuck Yeager is on Twitter.
3. (tie) Finished a multi-hundred million dollar deal that's been unfinished for about two decades to bring a five-star resort to Seaside's golf course and worked a college scholarship program for children of resort employees into the package while doing so. / Maple Brown Metallic
1. Peter MacDonald’s White House Remarks - What a remarkable, delightful start to remarks that later went askew. Watch it here, and try to ignore the dumb stuff, including staging it under the Andrew Jackson portrait.
* Bonus - Chicago neighborhood of my youth