Friday Countdown - 2017 iPod Additions
The 50 favorite non-jazz additions to the iPod for 2017. The standard rules apply: mostly but not necessarily released in 2017, not saying they’re the best songs (just favorites), probably not on the list if the band is super big, because they don’t need my help. Notes, if necessary. Next week,...
5. Darn it, got off track
3. Rats, I meant
Units of Measure
Two dozen units of measure
24. Gaggle - The number of geese defecating in your favorite park.
23. Getting hit with a _____ - How bad something is, in a F=MA sort of way.
22. Half-life - The amount of time it takes for a radioactive element to lose half its radioactivity.
Friday Countdown - Muffins
10. Getting Hit By A Train
8. Getting Hit By A Bus
7. Apple / Something (apples are for pies & tarts)
5. Getting Hit By A Car
5. Cranberry / Something
4. Banana Walnut
3. Corn (dinner, #1)
2. Pecan / Anything
Bonus Countdown - Bruce
E Street Radio is compiling votes for the 100 best Springsteen songs by asking listeners for their top ten. Here’s mine.
10. Thunder Road - Greatest / most atmospheric opening to an album ever? Debate amongst yourselves, but it’s such a great opening, it might as well open this list.
Friday Countdown - Pleasantries
Pleasant surprises of this week and / or 2018 model year Volvo browns, in order:
10. Luminous Sand Metallic
9. Ian’s (Madison, WI. pizza place) has a “Chicago Hot Dog” pizza.
8. The Dalai Lama is on Twitter.
7. The Quad City Times published a sentence including my name that was...
Back in Davenport for Thanksgiving. Scrolling through the tv channels and stop on a Davenport City Council meeting. Hey, this will be fun. Let’s just watch one agenda item. A groan from Colin. I never watched the Council meetings on cable when I worked in Davenport, and I don’t now in Seaside. ...
Friday Countdown - Winter Time Killers
Ever notice they had to create a cavalcade of sports to fill the winter baseball void? Ranked from awful, to passable, but still not baseball.
10. NFL Football - Like to help rich, old white guys profit by maiming young black men? Here’s your show.
9.5 Ice Fishing - At least...
Friday(ish) Countdown - Best Travel
Somebody buys a daVinci painting for $450 million. So affronted by such an ostentatious display of wealth that does not, in fact, purchase every remaining Lancia Stratos instead, here's a quck ten much better paintings that you can visit for free if you're a kid or for a small admission fee if not...
Sunday Countdown - Bad Travel
Two days driving pushes the Countdown back a bit and has me thinking about travel. The most disappointing tourism / travel experience ever and the worst way up a mountain are tied for #1.
Plymouth Rock / Snowshoes
Plymouth Rock is a sham of the highest order. Some rock, which isn’t really...
Page 4 of 44 pages ‹ First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last ›